Monday, February 14, 2011

My Top Ten Blues Singers

Here is a list of the top ten blues singers according to my standards for factors such as quality, richness, and interest of voice, how much the delivery adds to the feel and interest of the music, and overall soulfulness.  I have probably given some singers slightly different ranks than you think they should have received, but I fully expect subjective differences in our opinions.  However, if someone you think should be high on the list is missing altogether, consider the style of music they recorded most often.  There are many great singers who sang some wonderful blues, but recorded far more R&B, jazz, or soul than blues.

For each singer I have listed three songs I would recommend you listen to if you want to hear why I think they are great.  Feel free to comment with your own thoughts on the best blues singers.







3.  Muddy Waters
I Just Want to Make Love to You
Rollin' Stone
Mannish Boy



4.  T-Bone Walker
Call It Stormy Monday (But Tuesday Is Just as Bad)
T-Bone Blues
West Side Baby












No comments:

Post a Comment