Thursday, December 30, 2010

Artist Profile: Muddy Waters

Each week I will post at least one short artist profile which I will then link to my Artists page.  Hopefully these will eventually become a handy, although never complete, resource for you when you are looking for great new blues.

Artist:  Muddy Waters

Style:  Chicago Blues, Delta Blues

You might also like:  Little Walter, Howlin' Wolf, John Lee Hooker

Albums I own: 

His Best:  1947 to 1955
His Best:  1956 to 1964
Muddy "Mississippi" Waters Live
The Muddy Waters Woodstock Album
The Super Super Blues Band (with Howlin' Wolf and Bo Diddley)

Number of plays on my iTunes:  400

Artist website:  http://www.muddywaters.com/


Mannish Boy

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Lord,for people like you that LOVE the BLUES.I think Josh Stone is awesome, what feeling she puts into her songs,unreal.Thank You for sharing Ben. Harmonica is my favorite.
    Claire Griffith Palm Coast, Fl.

    ReplyDelete